Terms & Conditions
This section contains the terms and conditions of the various services provided by Grand hotel via Veneto S.p.A. Should you not find what you were looking for, please contact us at the telephone number or email address indicated on the contact page.
We take very seriously the privacy of our contacts and we commit ourselves, as far as reasonably possible, to adopt the best possible practices for the protection of personal data.
- The terms “our/s”, “we” and “us” contained in this document refer to Grand hotel via Veneto S.p.A. (Data Controller), and to Mr. Fabio Costa (System Administrator).
- In order to comply with the legal provisions in force in Italy and in the European Union, we have drafted this document to explain which personal data is collected, its use, its storage, with whom it is shared and the rights related to such personal data.
- The following information should be carefully read to fully understand our position and our practices regarding personal data.
2. Our facility and our services
The facility where the services of Grand Hotel Via Veneto are provided is owned by Grand hotel via Veneto S.p.A., which is also the Data Controller of the personal data obtained in relation to our services and to the use of our facility.
The data acquired during reservations, stays, fairs, exhibitions, shows, events, on-line registrations, business relations of any nature or also from public or private databases, are processed (also electronically) exclusively by the Data Controller and are not disclosed to third parties that are not related to our services and to the use of our facility.
3. Our collection of information
3.1 We may collect and process data such as:
- name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, nationality and any other information which may be indicated on your Passport or any other official identity document;
- information acquired, by way of example, through the answers given in response to our communications or by filling out forms (whether online or offline), by telephone or written correspondence (e.g. customer registration cards, subscription requests for the spa and fitness center, loyalty forms, online booking forms, surveys, business cards);
- information related to the use of our facility and of our services and to the preferences related thereto;
- details on the purchases made with us and on the preferences communicated to us;
- details regarding visits to our website including information on rates and details on the resources that have been accessed;
- other information provided to us related to bookings, stays or visits to the Grand hotel via Veneto;
- information released to other Data Controllers, preauthorized to communicate data to third parties for marketing purposes (e.g. acquisition of databases with mailing lists).
3.2 Some of the data collected and processed by us may contain sensitive data. Sensitive data is data concerning, by way of example, race, physical or mental health, religion, etc.
More information on cookies and on the identification of cookies is available on the following website: www.garanteprivacy.it.
- Cookies have several functions, such as allowing users to browse efficiently the pages of the website, memorizing preferences and, generally, improving the experience of users. That may also be useful to ensure that the advertisement that the user finds online is more in line with the interests of such user.
- The cookies used on this website have been classified according to the categories identified by the ICC UK Cookie guide. Below is a list of all the cookies used on this website, divided by category.
|What are they used for?|
|Strictly necessary Cookies||These cookies are essential to allow the browser to freely browse the website and to exploit its functions, such as accessing the restricted areas of the website. Without these cookies, many requested services cannot be provided, such as room reservations or online payments.|
|Performance Cookies||These cookies collect information related to the use of our website, for example, which pages are more frequently visited, and whether some messages are received by mistake on some web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the user. All the information collected by these cookies is aggregated, therefore, anonymous. They are exclusively used to improve the operations of the website. By using our website, the user allows us to send this type of cookie on the used device.|
|Practical Cookies||These cookies allow the website to keep track of the choices selected (such as language or location) and offer improved and more personalized functions. These cookies can also be used to track the changes made to font size and type and other sections that may be customized by the user of the website. Moreover, they can be used to offer the required services, such as watching a video or commenting on the message board. The information collected may remain anonymous and the browsing of internet websites operated by third parties cannot be tracked. By using our website, the user allows us to send this type of cookie on the used device.|
|Target/ad Cookies||These cookies are used to produce advertisements that are more in line with the user’s interests. They are used to restrict the number of views of a specific advertisement, as well as to provide assistance in the assessment of the efficiency of our advertisement campaigns. Moreover, they keep track of the user’s previous visits to the website. Sometimes they share anonymous information on the browsing activity with our creative and advertising partners. They may use this information to advertise products on other websites, or to help us develop future advertising and promotional campaigns.|
4.4 The browser provides an option that allows the user to decline cookies. However, by selecting this feature, the browsing experience may be less pleasant. Unless a user has changed the settings of the browser to decline all cookies, our system will send the cookies as described above as soon as users login on the website. If the user wishes to delete the cookies from the used device, the user may simply refer to the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the used browser, by clicking on the ‘guide’ icon of the browser menu.
5. Our storage of personal data
- Any payment transaction related to bookings shall be encrypted by using the Secure Socket Layer technology.
- Grand hotel via Veneto S.p.A. has adopted several measures to safeguard the integrity of its infrastructures related to IT and communication, such as adopting authentication, supervision, verification and encryption technologies. The security measures have been integrated into the design, the execution and the daily operations of this website, as an integral part of our constant effort to guarantee the security of the electronic content and the electronic transmission of information. Despite our best efforts, unfortunately the transmission of information through internet is not completely secure. Although there currently are strict security procedures and measures, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our website. The user is fully responsible for all online data transmission.
- Any data can be transferred and stored in Rome, as well as in other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the registered office of the data controller. By sending data and by using our services and our facility, the user agrees that its data may be sent to Countries where there are less strict regulations in terms of protection of personal data.
- If the user is provided (or chooses) a password or a code which allows the access to specific areas of our website, the user shall be fully responsible for the storage of such password or personal code.
- The data shall be stored for a period no longer than necessary to perform the activities which have required such data to be obtained.
6. Our use of personal data
The processing of the data shall occur by electronic means, except for the CVs received in paper form by ordinary mail or subsequently printed.
6.1 Personal data is processed in a lawful and appropriate manner: it is registered for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes; it is exclusively used within the scope of its processing; it is stored for a period necessary for the purposes that require its collection.
6.2 We may use the information collected:
- to provide the services requested to Grand hotel via Veneto S.p.A.;
- to improve (or attempt to improve) the services offered and to allow us to offer a more customized experience;
- to send communications regarding our products and services;
- for purposes of internal market analysis, such as, to evaluate the performance or to measure the number of logins to our websites;
- to improve the efficiency of our website.
6.3 If a CV is submitted, we shall process the data received spontaneously by email, delivered personally or through recruiting companies (publications on portals, etc.) which are used for the purpose of:
- assessing current or future potential candidates within the Company;
- inviting the candidate for an interview for the purpose of selecting and/or considering him/her for a potential employment;
- interviewing the candidate for the purpose of selecting and/or considering him/her for a potential employment with the prior authorization to the processing.
“Interesting” CVs shall be stored at the Company’s registered office for a period not exceeding 12 months and shall be processed in full compliance with all security measures; all non-consistent CVs and the CVs whose storage exceeds the period provided for, also in absence of a request for an interview, shall be deleted, destroyed or disposed of.
The CVs shall however be stored at the Company’s registered office and shall not be divulged to unauthorized third parties nor otherwise disclosed.
Such CVs may be evaluated by employees or collaborators of the company that are in charge of the processing of such.
7. Sharing of personal data
- We may also share personal data with our service providers who perform activities on our behalf or who provide us services, such as advertisement and marketing services, data processing, market research, delivery and storage activities, IT services, office services, legal, accounting, insurance, auditing and other professional services.
- We may, however, be required to share the information with third parties in the event that our activities or assets were sold or purchased.
- We may also share personal data, if provided for or required by the Law, in the event of legal actions or to meet our requirements in terms of security or for auditing purposes. If lawfully requested by a competent Authority, we may also disclose such personal data to the Police Authorities or to the Investigation, Anti-crime or Immigration authorities.
- The contact information provided (address, telephone number, e-mail address) may be used to disclose information on our products and services by mail, phone, text message, e-mail or other electronic means. When we send marketing communications by e-mail or text message, the recipient shall be free to decline the option that allows for the reception of such communications. It may, however, choose, at any time, to decline the reception of marketing information from us by communicating it at the following address: email@example.com.
- Any new contact is free to choose whether it wants to receive marketing information in relation to our other products and services when providing us its personal data for the first time.
9. Data relating to third parties
By sending us the personal data of a third party, the user confirms that it has received the consent of such third party to do so.
10. Link to third parties
The Grand Hotel Via Veneto website may, from time to time, provide a link to, or from, third party websites or activities to allow the user to access at its own discretion. Please note that such third party websites or activities may collect and use personal data in a different manner from us. We do not endorse nor do we accept any responsibility in relation to data collection practices, to privacy policies or to the content of such websites to which we provide links. For further information on the privacy practices and policies of such websites the user may, prior to the disclosure of its personal data, directly contact their owner or operator.
11. Your rights
The EU Regulation no. 679/2016 grants several rights, including the right of access to, adjustment, erasure, limitation of, objection to, the processing of data, as well as data portability rights, to the extent required by the applicable Law (Articles 15-22 of the EU Regulation no. 679/2016); for such purpose please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our representative (System Administrator) in charge is Mr. Fabio Costa. At the time of the publication, he may be contacted at the following email address: email@example.com.
12. Company and contact details for personal data controllers
GRAND HOTEL VIA VENETO S.p.A.
Registered office at via Vittorio Veneto, no. 155 – 00187 Rome
Registered with the Chamber of Commerce of Rome at no. 975306
Registered with the Companies’ Register of Rome at no. 06555491007, which is also its VAT number and fiscal code
Share capital € 4,500,000.00 , fully paid-up.